- This event has passed.
EAMN: Lobby, Law and Licensing for Professional Engineers
October 26, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm$60
Lobbying, Law, and Licensing for Professional Engineers
WEBINAR – 1.0 PDHs
MnSPE Lobbyists Tom Poul & Courtney Jasper with Messerli Kramer will cover the role government relations and lobbying play in the engineering profession including:
- What MnSPE lobbyists do
- What legislative advocacy looks like
- Key legislative priorities
- The role of the MnSPE legislative committee
- How regulatory changes impact the profession
- Insight on the political landscape and 2022 elections
- The role of the state licensing board, including MnSPE’s engagement and coordination
|Tom Poul is a shareholder at Messerli Kramer and advocates, advises, and represents clients before the state government. Tom has worked in unique roles at the federal, state, and local government levels and has worked in MN State Auditor’s office and for the MN Department of Labor and Industry. He has led key initiatives for some of the most complex and high-profile legislation in the state, including the MN Twins ballpark, the Hiawatha Corridor Light Rail Transit project, and the Marriage Equality Act.
Courtney Jasper is a lobbyist at Messerli Kramer and represents clients before the MN Legislature, Governor’s office, and state agencies. She has worked for the firm in the past as both a legislative coordinator and as a law clerk. She has also worked at the Department of Administration, where she planned the award-winning Minnesota State Capitol Grand Opening.
- Free for current MnSPE (Engineering Alliance MN) members
- Free for Non-Member Employees of Premier 2021 Sponsors
- Discounted Rates for Non-Member Employees of Diamond, Platinum and Gold 2021 Sponsors
- $60: Non-Members
To the best of our knowledge, this program meets the requirements for continuing education as outlined by the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Desig