- This event has passed.
MnSPE: Managing Risk Through Communication – A Legal Seminar by Holly Newman
April 10, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Attend at the live site at Burns & McDonnell in Bloomington or via live webinar.
Essential to a successful project is how participants communicate – and what is communicated. This is especially relevant from a risk management perspective as every claim involves some level of communication issues. The course will be presented by Holly Newman, Esq., followed by a question and answer session.
- Understanding the role of written and oral communication throughout the design, documentation, and construction administration and claims process.
- Learning what must be documented to ensure that all participants understand the parameters of design, scope, and other key issues.
- Learning how to mitigate risk for the public, the client, and the firm. Essential to a successful project is clear, concise communication and making sure that what you say is what you mean.
- Understanding what to include in all project correspondence during Construction Administration as well as what not to include.
Holly Newman is a partner with Dewitt, LLP and focuses her practice on advising construction industry members on legal issues, contract review, and construction litigation. Holly has significant experience in representing design professionals in a variety of legal matters. Holly is a frequent lecturer and has presented on topics related to construction claims, loss prevention for design professionals, and other legal issues.
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 5, 2019
All registrations after 4/5 will be assessed a $50 late fee through Monday, April 8.
No registrations will be accepted after 4/8.
No walk-in registrations will be accepted.
MnSPE members and subscribers MUST log in to see the free/reduced rates.
FREE for current MnSPE members, &job=2289681&ymlink=4633586&finalurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emnspe%2Eorg%2F%3Fpage%3DIndustry%5FPartners" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">MnSPE Diamond/Platinum Partners group webinar sites. MnSPE Gold Partners receive 50% off individual and group non-member registrations.
*Diamond/Platinum Industry Partners, contact MnSPE for a promo code.
*Membership/subscription must be current on the date of the seminar.
- MnSPE basic and plus subscribers: $37.50
- Individual non-members (in person or via live webinar): $75
- Wisconsin SPE members: $37.50
- Small group webinar site of 3-5 non-members participating: $215
- Medium group webinar site of 6-10 non-members participating: $425
- Large group webinar site of 11+ non-members participating: $775
To the best of our knowledge, this seminar meets the requirement for continuing education as outlined by the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Land Surveying, Geoscience and Interior Design.